REGISTRATION IS NOT OPEN YET. COMING SOON!
A BBF 2023 SPECIAL
are you ready to battle?
Get your dance partner and show us who the master of the dance floor is! It is all about social dance skills, presence, and originality. The audience is the judge: make them happy and you will get the top prize in no time!
Already convinced? Scroll down to read about the rules and join us.
1. You can enter the competition only in pairs of 1 Leader and 1 Follower (gender-neutral, 18+). The roles may be switched at each round of the competition.
2. Once you sign up, you will automatically be assigned to a team. Teams are just used to plan the rounds and which team you are on does not affect the outcome of the competition. Your team leads (Carlos & Chloe and Dario & Sara) will be there to cheer you up.
3. Competition consists of 3 levels: quarter-final, semi-final, and final. In each round, one pair will battle one randomly assigned pair of the opposing team.
4. A battle in the quarter-final (8 pairs) and semi-final (4 pairs) consists of 2 rounds. In each round, the DJ will play 45-60 seconds of a random Bachata song (Dominican, traditional, modern, sensual, fusion, remix, etc.). Member of Team C&C will improvise to this song in a couple. Later, members of team D&S will improvise to the same song that has been played. This process repeats every round. The team that started changes every round for fairness. The audience decides on the winner of each round. The winner of each round gets 1 point. The couple that gets the most points in total moves on to the next level. If a team wins all 2 rounds, they earn 1 team point to their team, which will come into effect in the final round. If there is a tie, the teams play one more round to decide the winner.
5. The final takes place between the last remaining pairs of both teams. The final will have a total of 3 rounds. Each win in a round counts as 1 point. All team points that have been collected in the previous rounds are added on top of these points to determine the winner. The losing pair in the final round gets the 2nd place and the pair with the highest points in the whole competition that got eliminated in the semi-final level gets the 3rd place.
6. Acrobatics and choreographies are not allowed in the competition.
7. Solo dancing (dancing without a partner) is not allowed. You might have solo and shine parts during your partner-work with your partner.
8. Adicto organizers and lineup artists (show team members may participate) are not allowed to compete.
9. Who battles whom will be selected by a random raffle before each level.
10. The whole battle will take place during the Friday night party, particularly on 25.6.2022, around 23:30. The participants need to be at the venue 30 minutes before the starting time.
11. All participants need to have one of the following in order to join the competition: Full Pass, Party Pass, Party Ticket for the Friday Party AND a Battle Ticket (per participating pair), which can be purchased on the official ticket shop of the festival
12. All registered participant agrees their photos and videos be taken during the competition for marketing purposes.
13. ADICTO reserves the right to cancel the participation of a competitor at any point in the competition, if the rules are violated or if it has been determined that the competitors commit any act that endangers the safety, trustworthiness of other competitors, the artists, or violate the rules or the objectivity of the competition in general.
14. Prizes of the competition are as follows (1 for each member of the winning pair):
1st Place: ADICTO Annual Pass: Enter all ADICTO events for free for 1 year, including the 2023 festival
2nd Place: ROVINJ SSD Party Pass
3rd Place: Chloe Styling Bootcamp or Bachata Fusion Masterclass
Prizes can't be exchanged with money or sold to others. They are granted to the competitors only.
15. All the winners of 1st and 2nd place will be contacted by e-mail to receive their prizes. Prizes for 3rd place will be awarded on the spot.
16. First 8 registrations will guarantee a spot in the competition. Everyone who registers afterward will be put on a waiting list and will be given a spot if any of the first 8 competitors cannot compete for some reason. There will be no refunds for any of the passes that have been purchased for the competition if the pair is not able to compete for any reason. This includes those that are on the waiting list and that does not get a spot.
17. Registrations without a valid Battle Pass will not be taken into consideration.
18. ADICTO reserves the right to change competition rules anytime before the competition.